starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing the arche in the lower back

Default Losing the arche in the lower back

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey Guys,
    it's my first time posting on this Forum, so I hope I don't do anything wrong or something. If I'm not "allowed" to poste here, pls tell me. As I already said I'm new here, so I'm not very sure rather this is the Forum to post my problem into and also don't be too rude to me because of my english, I'm not a native speaker :/

To come to the point. I read SS and a few posts on this Forum. Right now I'm trying to learn how to deadlift.

Everything work quite well, expect when I want to grap the bar my back rounds. So after grapping the bar, I try to use this "Chest UP" Cue as it is written in SS. But ether I'm loosing my arche in the lower back or I never get it.

Do you guys have any tipps how I can solve this Problem, without posting a Video from me? Any mobitliy work for the hams that might be too short or any cues? I'm really desperated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXfOdvd-sJ0

Go ahead and start with this video if you haven't seen it yet.

Thanks for the quick answer! Yeah I already watched this Video and i think i can control my lower back quite well.

Then there shouldn't be a problem. Low back control is the most important key to lumbar extension. We're at the "Post a video" point now.

In the mean time, you can try setting up in the opposite way, but bending your knees and putting your shins to the bar first, setting the back, then reaching down and grabbing the bar. I forget the member here who advocates setting up that way. Maybe someone else knows.

Mhm damn I only have a "bad" Video, you cant see my feet or something. But just watch it by urself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDEIX...lxibfBx9TWl0Dg

Those aren't terrible. You've read this, yes? http://startingstrength.com/resource...468#post182468

You're not doing step 4 to its fullest extent. Squeeze up AS HARD AS YOU CAN without lowering your hips.

Yeah I read this. you might don't see it in this Video, but I'm trying to do Step 4 really hard. If I squeese harde my hips go down. But maybe I'm doing step 4 wrong?! Any suggestions how i can perform step 4 right?

Oh and thank you alot for helping me out! Really Really Thank you!

starting strength coach development program
    What works for me is to think of pushing the stomach towards the bar. That cue isn't for everyone though. You could also try to think of pointing your nipples at the wall in front of you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast