starting strength gym

Thread: PC Form Check

Default PC Form Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Form check please?

It's really hard to keep my back unbended, no matter how hard I flex my abs/lowerback and hold my breath. It seems like there's a natural bend or something, when I put the weight down, not trying to excuse anything though. It doesn't even look round, it looks more like a mountain with a definite point, if that makes any sense...

Thanks.

Think big chest, pull the bar into you with your lats, and you're starting the pull by pulling with your back...start it like a deadlift with your legs

I can't see the vid at work, but I'll watch when I get home. Based on what Matt said, stand up and try to puff up your chest. Really exaggerate the movement, pushing your chest forward as hard as you can, pulling your shoulders back as hard as you can, and filling your lungs up with air. Also make your lower back tight. If you do it right, your back will be basically in the correct setup position. Try to then mimic that while you're gripping the bar.

You're pulling with your arms.

Lighten the load considerably. Hang cleans can be great practice.

What does your deadlift look like?

starting strength coach development program
    I don't have any videos of me DL'ing yet, but I'll post one ASAP.

Yeah, now that I look at it that was probably all arms on the pull, I guess I need to practice jumping hard and stomping. I think I'll warm-up with hang Cleans to practice the jump and rack, than progress to my work set and see how it goes.

Whenever I shove my chest up, my Hamstrings get really tight, so I don't know if it's me not puffing my chest up high enough or an issue in my legs. I'll assume it's my lack of chest-puffing.

I'll keep updated, thanks guys.