starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift form. Video.

Default Deadlift form. Video.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    http://vimeo.com/31638337

Any issues? My deadlift feels fine but I'm always looking to make it better. Thanks.

It looks like your a little far from the bar when you set up. bar travels in before up when you pull. Hips a little low...? Back looks too vertical to me, and your shoulders seem to be in-line with the bar instead of ahead of it. Little tweaks to get more efficient is what I see.

Shawn

Good call. I set up with the bar touching my shins but sometimes I lean back before I pull and my shoulders end up over the bar instead ahead of it.

Squid Guest

Looks pretty good overall, a few nit picky things:

-Notice at the top of the pull your weight is shifting to your heels a little, toes are kicking up a touch (probably related to you sometimes leaning back)
    -Jerking the weight off the ground instead of squeezing/grinding
    -Head seems to be extended a bit too much, try looking a little further down
    -Some people say taking your hands off the bar makes it 5 single reps, instead of 1 set of 5

I disagree with the jerking part.

Mostly what was said before: hips are a little bit too low.

Fixing where you place the bar at the beginning of the setup will probably fix most of the other problems...

This is where you are starting the bar, then bending your knees until your shins touch. The bar should be like 2" farther back than it is here, about an inch in front of your shin when you're standing straight up. If you start with the bar further back, your hips won't end up as low and the bar path will be more vertical.

Thanks. I'll take care of it on Wednesday. Good advice guys.

Adam has it right, you are setting up too far from the bar. This makes you drop your hips. Watch your hips when you initiate your pull vs when the bar actually comes off the ground.

starting strength coach development program

Here's where I setup with my hips higher but I think they are too high. I couldn't pull anything. I don't know if it matters that I'm kind of tall (6'4") but I think that has something to do with my setup. I'm pretty sure I set up too close to the bar this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast