starting strength gym

Thread: Right knee hurts after previous deadlift, please check form

Default Right knee hurts after previous deadlift, please check form

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Resubmitting because I'm not sure that previous time my post has been submitted. If it was ignored due to not filming my full height, this one can be ignored as well since it is the same.

Male, 30 y.o., 151 lb, 5'7". Running linear progression from July 29th.

Previous workout was unexpectedly difficult and my form degraded significantly on SQ and DL. After that, I feel pain on the left top part of my right knee when contracting my back during a deadlift. I can't make it hurt without contracting my back.

I repeated my previous SQ work set weight (went fine), but had to stop after DL warm-up (it was hurting all the time starting from 135 lb).

I'm sure that it is my form that causes knee pain, but don't see exactly what's wrong. Sorry for filming too closely, I didn't plan posting a form check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhqUKD28304&t=50s

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure whether it is safe to proceed with deadlifts, but will attempt repeating my work set weight again tomorrow.

Looks decent, keep moving up in weight.

Recommend that you lower the bar below your knees BEFORE you bend your knees when putting the bar back down…hurts less than having it smash into your kneecaps.