starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gains after squat reset

Default Gains after squat reset

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    So I've searched a few times and couldn't find a similar thread.

For everyone who has actually done SS the way it's meant to be run, how much did you gain after your first squat reset before having to reset again?

So far I've added 15 pounds to 5RM, and still going strong. Curious to see what others have accomplished during this time frame.

It probably depends most on how you are eating.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC1 View Post
    It probably depends most on how you are eating.
    Definitely agree with this. I know theres a lot of factors involved, but just looking for some numbers to compare to, and use as motivation.

I reset at 245.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrumble View Post
    I reset at 245.
    How much did you gain before having to reset again? That's what I'm looking for.

A third + for the eating part. I first reset around 230-ish, then got up to 270 or so, reset again, ate like a motherfucker, and got up to 325. I reset AGAIN, and just hit 330 the other day. It occurred to me then that I am unlikely to milk much more out of my linear gains. Actually, somewhere before 325, I started squatting heavy every other workout, and doing a speed workout with about 70% of my working sets, so I guess my linear gains are technically over, although that's really the only mod I've made to the program. I'm rambling now.

Thanks for the response, this is exactly the type of info I'm looking for!

First stall at 315, Second at 355, Third... probably 385/390

Quote Originally Posted by John215 View Post
    How much did you gain before having to reset again? That's what I'm looking for.
    You'd stand a pretty good shot of hitting 300 before having to reset again. Depends on diet, rest, individual stuff, but I'd be surprised if you didn't get to at least 275.

starting strength coach development program
    Note also that after my second reset, I got shoes, a belt, and knee sleeves, which were very helpful. I suspect that my stall would have come later if I had had those implements beforehand. There is also the issue of technique. I have felt close to stalling before, then gone back and re-read the appropriate chapter of SS, tightened up my form, and managed to keep going a bit longer before hitting the wall.

Lots of things to factor into the equation that may effect stalls and resets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast