starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check--Hip, lesser troch pain.

Default Squat form check--Hip, lesser troch pain.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey all-

I've been having some pain at my hip crease/hip flexor insertion area after squats. Rip has said that this can be from the knees coming forward at the bottom. I filmed my latest session and uploaded the heaviest set, 365 x 5, for you all to critique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGgH...ature=youtu.be

About me: 6'3'', 215. The most i've done recently is 405 x 2 so this is a pretty heavy set. My pain was at essentially zero for this session

It is a lateral film, sorry about that. I probably should have gotten a 45 degree angle but hopefully this will suffice for now.

Recently, I have had the most pain from a session of low low, (near ATG) box squats, which I am starting to think is inherently retarded.

I've had problems with knee cave in in the past. This has been getting better but on the 4th and 5th reps they come in a bit (hard to tell but I promise).

Thanks.

These aren't too bad. Clean up that knee slide (it's pretty significant), and these will feel so much better.

We have very similar builds & squat stats. I've been wrestling with this same knee slide issue and subsequent tendonitis in my patellar tendon & hip flexors. I made a significant deload and have been working on perfect form. The weights feel lighter than they ever have & I'm pain free.

Thanks. You just dropped the weights a bit and concentrated really hard on not sliding your knees forward? Any other helpful cues?

I think I need to picture pushing my butt straight up more.

I deloaded, and focused like crazy on form. Well, I also attended the SSS last month, which was invaluable.

I've been focusing specifically on the master cue (from SS) and thinking knees out hard. This has helped with knee slide. But if I lose focus at all, my knees shoot forward (you can see me wrestle with this issue constantly in the videos in my log).

I will have to check out your log.