starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracking my own back

Default Cracking my own back

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    <p>Started doing some passive stretches for my shoulders and upper back months ago. Shoulder mobility is better and I don't compensate on the overhead press by arching my lower back.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>The stretches led to some pleasant back cracking, and now my upper back is mobile enough that I can crack it just by pulling my shoulder blades back and lifting up my arms a bit. Feels good, and I have no back pain which it's causing or relieving.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>This might sound fatuous, but is there any chance of this causing hypermobility in the future?</p>

No. But what is all this formatting shit?

Probably a copy paste gone bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    No. But what is all this formatting shit?
    They are the keyboard equivalent of a "passive stretch" and "crack" </p> "<" = start, the forward slash "/" is the stretch in progress, "p" means a passive stretch and ">" the greater than is the "crack" at the end.

The "nbsp" means "no back spinal pain". I would have thought that was obvious.

Now all you need to do is to give the poor bugger the answer to his question "Will all this </p> <p> nsbp give him hypermoblity?" Of course it could be all fatuous.

BTW where is my bottle of Big Red?

The Aussies told us we couldn't send Big Red in the mail. I'll hand-carry one if I ever get to visit.

Couldn't ask you to do that, anyway the makers of it are exporting the product to Sydney. The kids here love any red soda water. We do have an equivalent here in Australia, it is called "Creaming Soda", but I changed the name to "Screaming Soda" as the kids go berserk after a few bottles, they just run around like chooks (chickens) without heads.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Couldn't ask you to do that, anyway the makers of it are exporting the product to Sydney. The kids here love any red soda water. We do have an equivalent here in Australia, it is called "Creaming Soda", but I changed the name to "Screaming Soda" as the kids go berserk after a few bottles, they just run around like chooks (chickens) without heads.
    Calling a drink "Creaming Soda" in the US would be a terrible marketing mistake.

Don't forget the barbacoa. They actually sell them together at HEB now.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyduck View Post
    Calling a drink "Creaming Soda" in the US would be a terrible marketing mistake.
    Not if I could get my GF to drink one with dinner.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyduck View Post
    https://www.bundaberg.com/brew/burgundee-creaming-soda/

No problem over here, this is the Aussie version of "Big Red". Although "Big Red" has caffeine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast