starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check please - masters novice

Default Squat Form Check please - masters novice

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've recently taken a 3 week break due to illness, but now back into training. Done a lot of work on correct form, and really hope this is nearly there. Getting some lower back strain, which is maybe just the increasing heavy weight. Is there anything I'm doing wrong to cause this ? I know it's easy for people to look at form checks and always find something wrong, but I think I've mostly got this right.

To check back angles and depth of squat, I've spliced Sets 2 and 3 together videoed from different angles. I've run this slow motion frame-by-frame from the side and believe I'm getting just past parallel...

Look forward to positive feedback...

Neils! These are markedly better than the last set I remember you posting! Solid on the depth and you've got good back control. You do have a balance issue and that might be part of what's aggravating your back. You get a little forward and onto your toes at the bottom and while coming up. Keep your feet hard on the ground and stay balanced over the arch of your foot. It might help some if you can get the bar just a little bit lower on your back.

I know this was discussed in a previous thread (but I don't remember what was said) - plan on getting a belt.