starting strength gym

Thread: How much Milk for a tween?

Default How much Milk for a non teen?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi,
    I am from Germany and nearly 26, trained a bit in my youth but got extremely out of shape during the last years.
    I began to train with barbells again about 2 months ago, using SS since 2 weeks (shipping from USA takes some time...)
    I am 195cm / 6 foot 5 tall and my weight is 96kg / 212 pound, with fat still to high (38 inch jeans)
    I would like the same thing as nearly everybody, more muscles but less fat
    How much milk should I drink? I think 4 liters/1 gallon is to much, since I do not need the calories and am no longer a teen?
    Would be 1 liter oder 2 liter ok?
    Thank you very much!

If you are not in a situation where you need to gain lots of weight quickly, you do not need to drink any milk at all.. It is just for people who need to gain weight.

The reason you are in Hell, Joe, is because you are thinking the wrong thoughts, and comparing yourself to a hobbit.*

I feel this should be corrected.

1) You are not a hobbit.
    2) If anything, you are an elf.
    3) Even as an elf, you are too skinny.

Please look over my sumo post, and forget everything your doctor thinks is a healthy weight. As one anorexic to the other, I have to hit about 260 lbs and you (because you are a freak of nature at 6'5") will need to be at least 280.

I wish you all the best.
    Flux

*Tween, in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Fellowship of the Ring, a hobbit between the ages of 20 and 32, a period of adolescence for hobbits, who have longer lifespans than humans and aren't considered adults until age 33.

Dammit, Draco, What Do You Weigh, and How Tall Are You???

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    Rip, I'm a substitute teacher - there's no young kids taking advice here. These are lost, misguided 20 somethings. So what do we do? Hammer ourselves into the ground like 16 year olds? I'm sorry, but SS is NOT goiing to be considered by high school students crowd. What is the best approach for those already aquainted with weight trainng (your core)? Should us 32 year-olds just squat 3x a week?
    High school students don't look into SS?

Shoot, son, I guess my entire wrestling team is off base. Shall we head back to the curl bar, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Dammit, Draco, What Do You Weigh, and How Tall Are You???
    Sorry, I actually posted that while 'a bit tipsy'
    As of the scale at 11:30 central time, I weigh 159, which is 4 pounds heavier than a week or so ago. I'm 5'8'' and very small boned.
    My strength is definitely down, as of two weeks ago, when my regular job ended and "free time" began. The "free time" has involved lot's of drinking.
    So, can you get smashed regularly and get strong? It would seem not, but I also tend to get perturbed by a change in work schedules, so I wonder if motivation is the issue.

Talking

starting strength coach development program
    I know the diference between hobbits an elves, thank you. But you describe some kind of troll
    280 pounds sounds quite extreme to me!

Without high bodyfat this would be a body to start at Mr. Olympia (and include some terrible amounts of drugs...)
    Even with fat I do not believe it is the way I want to look.

I dream of aprox 240pound with 12-15% bodyfat in the long run. This should/could be doable, acording to some theories about FFMI.

And the Hell is part of my family name, beeing Hellrich

EDIT: I understand the problem with "tween" - it's no real English word - looked for it in the dictionary, seems to be an pseudo-anglicism in Germany