starting strength gym

Thread: Age and Weight/SS

Default Age and Weight/SS

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Alright, I made the decision to start the beginners program of SS and drinking the gallon of milk a day. First I am wondering if it is ok for a 16yr old to be doing this program. I am also wondering if it is also necessary for a person who is 165# but 15%bf to be drinking the gallon of milk per day. I have already read SS and have used the search engine but that didn't help. Thanks for all your help.

Well, 15% bodyfat is not unusually chubby, and 165 is only a problem if you're 5' 2". SS is designed to make you gain muscular bodyweight and strength, and the GOMAD is not really a part of the program -- it's just a part of the diet if you want to gain weight. Your decision to use it or not.

Brian,

16 is the perfect age for this program. I wish I could go back in time to when i was sixteen and put myself on SS. Late teens and early twenties give you the most potential to gain a good base of size and strength and not to mention, train without injury. Don't waste these years doing anything else.