starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check - Brian Broke Legs

Default Squat Check - Brian Broke Legs

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Coach - Am backpedaling on my promise of not submitting a form check until 400lbs. This is from my final warm up set before my work set of 165lb. Phone/camera functin locked up right before workset. I can tell you that I review each recording prior to the next set and after seeing this one I dropped even further in the hole on my work set. I feel good physcially other than what may be a hardware issue. Left ankle is experiencing the same sensation I felt when they drove a large needle in to the socket to pull fluid when I had the staph. I believe I can feel a screw or plate jabbing around in there - particularly when I flex at the ankle: either toes to floor or bringing toes to me. The pain is at the far end of either flex. Walking is fine. A bit of irritation when squatting. It is a bit dodgy but I put my big boy pants on and made it work. I have contacted my ortho guy and will be going in for a consult.
    No mercy on the critique:

thanks,

Brian J. (I've got a new belt coming from Best as well)

This is pretty good. Keep your elbows up at the bottom of the squat, and read the part about knees going forward again. The hardware in your ankle may well be causing some ROM problems, and it may eventually have to be taken out. But that will be a couple of years. In the meantime, you'll just have to learn to keep your knees from traveling forward at the bottom, so the ankle doesn't move so much and you're not jabbed by the hardware.

This is so good that you get tpo go to Ramsey's tonight for a Reuben sandwich.

We are on the same wavelength with that Reuben . . one of my favorite. There are several kickass Reubens here in town. Let me know next time you are in the Bluegrass. I posted my video in my log and a few fellows suggested that a lifting shoe could help with that ankle flex - the 2012 Rogue with the .75" heel was recommended. My Best Belt should be here in a few days (Jackie and Dean did send their regards, by the way). As far as a lifting show goes - based on what you are seeing - does the Rogue look like it would be a good fit (no pun intended). That coupled with another dissection of the squat chapter focusing on my knees and I'll be in good shape. Thank you.

The Rogues will make your ankle stop hurting. Probably.