starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Posterior elbow pain

Default Posterior elbow pain

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've posted on here before about tennis elbow. Followed protocol, and been getting deep tissue massage,but no relief. My new problem is posterior elbow pain for 3 weeks. Bad enough that I think I should take a break from weight lifting, although this is the last thing I want to do. My ortho said it's probably triceps tendonitis or cubital syndrome, and to stop lifting, or at the very least stop all presses. What should or can I do about this? I was just starting to make gains. Thanks again for your expert advice

You have tennis elbow AND triceps tendonitis?

Quote Originally Posted by gsquared37370 View Post
    I've posted on here before about tennis elbow. Followed protocol, and been getting deep tissue massage,but no relief. My new problem is posterior elbow pain for 3 weeks. Bad enough that I think I should take a break from weight lifting, although this is the last thing I want to do. My ortho said it's probably triceps tendonitis or cubital syndrome, and to stop lifting, or at the very least stop all presses. What should or can I do about this? I was just starting to make gains. Thanks again for your expert advice
    Where in the range of motion does it hurt?

Yes. Tennis elbow both elbows for almost 1 year. Now I have pain in back of elbow for about 3 weeks. It seems to be aggravated after pressing movements. I was using lifting hooks for deadlifts and pulling back exercises. Maybe this created a muscle imbalance?

Tell us precisely how you executed the chinup protocol.

Hurts when touching the back of elbow, right on the bone, also slightly medial side of bone. Range of motion pain is when arm is fully extended against resistance, a little when fully contracted, and when doing triceps stretch. A couple of bench press workouts ago, my elbow would snap about half way up every concentric portion of bench press. It hasn't done that since though. Last bit of info is I had pain in "golfers elbow" area with numbness in forearm. I quit doing biceps curls and golfers elbow pain pretty much went away. Thanks again

Tell us precisely how you executed the chinup protocol.

I would do 5 reps two times, then I would squat. I repeated this 4 or 5 times, twice a week for 2 weeks. I wasn't able to do full body weight due to shoulder problems(chiropractor fixed). My feet would not leave the floor as I was only lifting about half my body weight

I used the squat bar at my squat height so I could perform chinup while keeping some of my body weight on the floor

Precisely. You did not execute the chinup protocol.

starting strength coach development program
    Because of not full body weight? Or not enough reps? Also, what do you think about my new source of pain, posterior elbow problem?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast