starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrist Wraps

Default Wrist Wraps

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello everyone.

Just curious, does anyone use wrist wraps when benching or pressing? If yes, when did you start wearing them?

I use them. I have an old pair of Inzer Black wraps (36"). My wrists have always been an issue, so I try to wrap them up pretty early. If I am benching, I throw them on at 275+. For pressing, I usually throw them on at 185+.

Put them on for the first time about a month and a half ago when visiting Paulie Steinman at South Brooklyn Weightlifting Club. He told me my hands were bent back on the press, and I was losing energy, loned me a pair of wrist wraps and I fell in love with them.

I ordered a pair, and I wear them on my super heavy days for my last warm up and my heavy lifts. Stronger with them, helps staying tight, to me, worth 10x the price.

I use the Schiek 24" black wraps for snatch, clean, jerk, press, bench, front squat... almost everything. I started wearing them due to a wrist injury, but have stuck with them. Almost everyone at my gym has started using wrist wraps. I think most people have either Inzer or Schiek.

Thanks for the replies & recomendations everyone!

If you plan to lift in the usapl you can only use Inzer or Titan. For general strength and conditioning a 24" wrap works well, but for powerlifting a 36" wrap is where it's at. I've had Inzer, Metal (elitefts), and TiTan. Titans were the worst, metals were the stiffest and Inzers felt the best for general S and C

No plans right now, but good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanF View Post
    If you plan to lift in the usapl you can only use Inzer or Titan. For general strength and conditioning a 24" wrap works well, but for powerlifting a 36" wrap is where it's at. I've had Inzer, Metal (elitefts), and TiTan. Titans were the worst, metals were the stiffest and Inzers felt the best for general S and C
    I use titans - its the only pair I've owned/ever tried. Why do you say they are the worst?

Gillian and I use Titans...no worries here.

starting strength coach development program
    Good to know Mac! You two do some impressive stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast