starting strength gym

Thread: Couldn't finish the last exercise of a workout do it later, tomorrow, or skip?

Default Couldn't finish the last exercise of a workout do it later, tomorrow, or skip?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I'm doing the A: Squat, Bench, Deadlift B: Squat, Press, Power Cleans

This week is
    Monday : A
    Wednesday : B
    Friday A:

Today (Wednesday) I did B

Due to scheduling conflicts I ran out of time and I had to skip my Power Cleans. This is the first time I was unable to complete a workout. Ideally, should I try to complete them later or can I do them the day after (Thursday) or should I do them or skip them altogether for Monday the next time I would be doing them?

If you can do them later in the day, that would be the best choice. Just make sure to warm up first. They'll also feel easier than usual since you'll be more recovered from the other exercises than you normally would be.

Pushing it to the next day... then you might start interfering w/ the next workout. For PCs especially, if they're not too heavy yet, it won't be that big of a deal, but if it happens with the DL... you're prob. better off skipping it. A heavy DL the day before Squats will definitely have an impact so then i'd just skip it rather than upset the whole groove.

If you miss an exercise in a workout ONCE in lifetime of working out, and skip it, it certainly won't hurt your long-term results.

If you miss+skip ONCE every MONTH or so, it PROBABLY won't hurt you.

Don't sweat the small shit. If your schedule is so bad that you miss+skip one time out of every 2-3 or so, then it's big shit. Occasionally? Just do whatev.