starting strength gym

Thread: Rogue dble pull up bar question

Default Rogue dble pull up bar question

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    On a few of its power racks, Rogue has a fat/skinny pull up bar assembly - see for example on the R4: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-r-4-power-rack

On those pics the set is pictured one on top of other. How does that work exactly? How can you do pull ups on the upper bar without the lower one getting in the way?

You don't. You mount it the other way if you want to use the other bar.

Video: http://youtu.be/oOQgHLFkYvA
    Last edited by hollismb; 07-16-2014 at 12:17 AM.

On the R3 the fat/skinny bar is attached horizontally so you can just use whatever side you want.

Which bar do you guys prefer using? I just mounted the fat bar and have been using that for my chins. Seems to provide some additional grip work without sacrificing chin up volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Nermin View Post
    Which bar do you guys prefer using? I just mounted the fat bar and have been using that for my chins. Seems to provide some additional grip work without sacrificing chin up volume.
    I usually use the skinny bar. I'll use the fat bar once in a while, but I do sacrifice a bit of volume when I do.

I have that same thing on my S3. I use the skinny bar but I got it just so I could use the fat bar if I ever felt so inclined. I also thought it would provide more stability to the upright stands since it spreads out the bracing at the top. I don't know if that's the case, but it made sense in my head when I got it.

I deliberately didn't get the fat/skinny bar and opted for the single/skinny on my S-2 because it makes the height of the single bar more adjustable. The bar can be higher if you're taller, for example.

starting strength coach development program
    I just ordered an RM-4108 rack for my work gym. Talk to Rogue about this -- you can ask for a single skinny crossmember up front and a single fat pullup bar crossmember for the back. It might not be as pretty (i.e. no "ROGUE" logo, boohoo), but if you keep it away from the wall a few feet it will allow both styles of pullups.