starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so I just got a real belt..

Default so I just got a real belt..

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    The holes are too far apart. It's either too tight or too lose.

I have a huge amount of slack in my lower back area. I can stick my whole hand into the belt in the back area.

Also I can't squat without pinching my love handles. Is that normal? Inb4 called a pussy for the pinching.

Quote Originally Posted by roundedback View Post
    The holes are too far apart. It's either too tight or too lose.

I have a huge amount of slack in my lower back area. I can stick my whole hand into the belt in the back area.

Also I can't squat without pinching my love handles. Is that normal? Inb4 called a pussy for the pinching.
    What's the hole spacing?

1 inch. That's pretty shitty I'm guessing.

how tall are you?

From the love handles I am guessing you are not too skinny. But with small-moderate sized people. Belts can suck bigtime, just no way to get em comfortable. This does not stop them helping you lift more however!

Id go with the too tight option or make a new hole. You could also get a neoprene belt and wear it underneath like a lot of strongmen seem to.

I'm 5' 11" but I have a short torso. My torso is only 30-32 inches. I don't have large love handles, but there's enough fat that they get pinched. Lol.

1" is fine. There's times I wish I had a hole between 29.5 and 28.5, but I can always make it work. I bet you're wearing it wrong. Post a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    1" is fine. There's times I wish I had a hole between 29.5 and 28.5, but I can always make it work. I bet you're wearing it wrong. Post a photo.
    I would guess that too. I am 5'4" with a short torso and can fit my 4 inch belt just fine. It shouldn't be where your love handles are, I would guess you have it too low.

Does it need to go around my ribs? I'm putting it on between my ribs and my hip bone.

[IMG][/IMG]

Might be a bad pic?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by roundedback View Post
    Does it need to go around my ribs? I'm putting it on between my ribs and my hip bone.
    Are you pulling it tight? Does your belly stick out past your ribs, or do your ribs stick out past your belly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast