starting strength gym

Thread: Conditioning

Default Conditioning

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey all,

I am looking for some guidance regards conditioning, alongside weight training mon, wed and fridays.

What kind of exercises can I do ? Have access to pretty much all free / olympic weights, tractor tyres, a prowler and farmer walk handle thing's

How many/which exercises should I do aiming to do ?
    Should I do them the same day as weights or on off days ?
    How long should I be doing them for ?
    What kind of progression should I be looking to make ?

At the moment I have done a few prowler runs , they are killer but they only go on for 10-15 mins probally. So I end up feeling like I haven't done alot!

Jordan* recommends 2 to 3 sessions per week of HIIT. I've been messing around with doing a slow pace warm up, 30/40 seconds on, 1:30/1:20 rest for 5 to 7 rounds at a time and then a slow cool down. The short number is all out, the longer is resting pace. The first 3 or 4 sessions are kinda tough, but then it gets easier. I've been sprinting outside, do it on the elliptical or C2 rower. I'm trying to learn jumping rope and I could imagine doing it on a heavy bag. Also thinking about an Airdyne.

*this is from memory, I don't want to put words in his mouth. Go to his forum and find his To Be a Beast blog post. All you need is in it, I think.