starting strength gym

Thread: Broken pinkie toe!

Default Broken pinkie toe!

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Rushing out the door to work today, I stubbed my pinkie toe against my bathroom door.

I got it xrayed when i saw it start to swell i went for an xray, and yup, it's broken.

I've been using the texas method lately. Things were going great.

But what can I do for legs now? Should I still squat? I think I actually could if i lift my toes up, but i'm worried about the heavy day on Friday and walking the bar out. Maybe I could try speed squats on Friday instead?

Or perhaps change to other leg exercise(s) until this toe heals that i'd be able to do and would help my squat/deadlift the most. I'm sure you've trained guys who have broken toes before.

Thanks a lot.

Broken little toes are not an excuse for missing training, and really are nothing to waste money and health care resources to x-ray. Just tape the fucker to the other one and train. If you can't train through a broken little toe you can't train hard.

Well since then I've had 2 PRs on squats and deadlifts. Actually i've gone for 1RMs with 5-10 lbs more than my last 1rm attempt and ended up getting 2 or 3RMs instead. This texas method stuff is great!

See there? Not the end of the world after all.