starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

Default Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    After a couple of deloads to try to correct it I can still see my back rounding once the weight gets near 350 lbs. (especially res 3-5). Anything stand out that I can address?

Thank You.

Looks like bar might be over your toes. But we can't tell because you didn't read the sticky for filming form checks.

You set your back pretty well, but then it looks like your starting the movement with your upper back; think "leg press." Stay over the bar just a little bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Looks like bar might be over your toes. But we can't tell because you didn't read the sticky for filming form checks.

You set your back pretty well, but then it looks like your starting the movement with your upper back; think "leg press." Stay over the bar just a little bit longer.
    Here is a better angle. This is the week prior with 5 less pounds but you can see the same problem.

Your hips are too low. Your back is not set (partly because your hips are too low). Stop all of the movement in the set up. Just do the five steps.