starting strength gym

Thread: If you had one week to do nothing but train, what would you do?

Default If you had one week to do nothing but train, what would you do?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    So coming up next month I have a full week off work to dog sit for my parents.

I'll have no responsibilities except for taking the dogs on a few walks through the park and feeding them every day.
    I also have a home gym so going out isn't an issue.

I was thinking of getting some serious volume in this week and pushing hard.

I was considering splitting my workout into two sessions a day so I can do more volume and more intensity, and then maybe doing accessory work on the off-days. I have all day to eat and relax so I'm hoping recovery won't be an issue. (I'll probably have to back off the next week or two to recover though of course)

What would you guys do?

Hahaha, my week would look exactly like it usually does.

Train normally. The program is the program. Changing things up will just move your expected peak.

Instead, focus on recovery. Sleep well, eat well; take naps, have snacks; relax, clear the mechanism.

I would probably sleep a lot and make a bunch of food I could freeze and eat later when I was more busy. Maybe I'd spend a little time messing around with the olympic lifts.

Well, if I had a full week without my children, I would sleep a lot...

Yeah man, all I have is free time. Literally, that's ALL I have. And if I trained more, it wouldn't help. The program isn't designed around how life is; it's designed to get you stronger as long as life allows you to do it. And yeah, of course the sleeping thing, but you're going to do that anyways.

I would be cooking, eating, and sleeping.

In one week, you could do a serious training montage. You should be able to hit Olympic gold after that! :-)

Seriously though, I would go light at the beginning of the week and try for some real maxes later (Friday or so).

Lift, fap, eat, sleep.

starting strength coach development program
    I don't think you would get much extra out of only one week of crazy training. A month maybe, but probably not a week. I would either train like normal and enjoy the additional recovery or I would try some crazy shit for fun. Squat 315 or 365 for max reps for instance.