starting strength gym

Thread: Bill Starr's Novel: Ever Published?

Default Bill Starr's Novel: Ever Published?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I've tried searching online but nothing. Was Bill Starr's novel set in the Civil War period
    ever published? Know where a copy can be obtained? Your archived Starr articles are always
    of great interest to me as I followed his writing in Strength and Health mag. back when I started
    lifting in the mid-'60s and I'd like to see what his fictional writing was like...any plans to publish this
    or more "lost" Starr writings?
    Thanks.

Hope it's any good. Non fiction is a tough beast, but fiction is infinitely tougher.

Thank you Rip. I have no idea why my original Amazon search (amongst a general one) didn't come up with anything although it was a while back when I last looked... maybe last year. If anyone here has read it or plans on it, I'd be interested in their review. Guess I shoulda checked one more time... thanks again.

It is a very good work of fiction but note, it's not Civil War era, it is actually built around the time/events of the War of 1812 (military conflict between U.S. and Great Britain).

He has incredible attention to detail, a very good recognition and grasp of history, and excellent character development, including characters based on his own family.

I think it is well worth the time to read and I read it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by soycuadrado View Post
    It is a very good work of fiction but note, it's not Civil War era, it is actually built around the time/events of the War of 1812 (military conflict between U.S. and Great Britain).

He has incredible attention to detail, a very good recognition and grasp of history, and excellent character development, including characters based on his own family.

I think it is well worth the time to read and I read it twice.
    Thanks for the review! Once I saw Rip's Amazon link I realized it was circa 1812. Glad to hear that character development and detail are well done. Too bad that Amazon doesn't have a "look inside" example. I'll put it on my list of 2018 books to buy. I've always enjoyed thoroughly any non-fiction writings of Bill Starr's that I've seen and always appreciate seeing more when Rip &/0r staff posts them.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by soycuadrado View Post
    the War of 1812 (military conflict between U.S. and Great Britain).
    AKA the War of Canadian Aggression