starting strength gym

Thread: Texas method - Fat loss

Default Texas method - Fat loss

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Andy I have 2 quick questions if you could help me.

I was looking back through the forum and read a this thread where someone was asking for fat loss on intermediate program.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...t=36291&page=1

1. I was just wondering if by 3x5 on volume day you meant 3 sets of 5 or 5 sets of 3. This site often uses both setsXreps or repsXsets and it can get a bit confusing. but from you're lower post where you write 495 x 1 x 5 sets, can I assume you mean 5 sets of 3?

2. I have been doing TM programming for 12 weeks now and my VD was 370 5x5, with my ID at 430x3, going on fat loss plan should I continue to increase but with 370 with the reduced volume and also continue increasing 430 but at 5 singles or should I add a bit of weight to both since I am reducing volume and dropping from 3 to singles on ID day?

Thanks

Dan.

1. 3 sets of 5 reps.
    2. If you go on the diet then for sure drop the volume and just increase as you can. Keep hitting triples for as long as you can and switch to singles after the first time you can't hit your max triple. A little carb/sodium loading the night before eacch heavy workout will go a long way

thanks again for the advice, my training is good so far. For the carb/sodium loading do you recommend that only for ID day or for both VD and ID? Or I guess that would depend on if VD is starting to get tough?

Do it before both days

Andy, I realize this isn't the nutrition forum, but what would a traditional carb/sodium load look like for you? I do early morning workouts, so a bowl of oatmeal 1 hour pre-workout is a possibility, too.

starting strength coach development program
    Cheeseburger and two orders of fries.