starting strength gym

Thread: Quick Question

Default Quick Question

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Background: I've been doing splits for over 2 years then started this routine: slight variation of starting strength.

Workout A:
    Squat 3x5
    Bench 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5
    Dips 2x 5-8

Workout B:
    Squat 3x5
    Standing Military Press 3x5
    Pendlay Row 3x5
    Chin-up 2x 5-8

Alternating mon/wed/fri

I'm a hair over 6 foot tall and started out 160lb on feb 28 currently 166lb.

Here's my squat progression:
    2/28 - 215 3x5
    3/02 - 220 3x5
    3/04 - 225 3x5
    3/07 - 230 3x5
    3/09 - 235 3x5
    3/11 - 240 3x5
    3/14 - 245 x5, x4, x4
    3/16 - 195 3x5 (switched to 80% of monday)
    3/18 - 245 x5, x5, x2
    3/21 - 245 x4, x3, 225 x4

Now my question is with my strength declining a little do you guys think im overtraining?
    I think maybe i should have started out doing 80% of monday squat on wednesday since i've already been squatting for a while.

Was going to post a video also but the battery for my carmera was dead.

Eat more.

What's with the rows?

Minnesota Raised, Live in California now.

Check this out man. First your going to progress like nothing will stop you. Next you'll occasionally have a workout here or threr with a missed rep, but you always pull it off on your second attempt the next training day. Then you'll be truly beat and possible want to consider a reset, or a light squat day on wednesday. Then you'll eventually find yourself stalling frequently on presses, but still making slow steady progress. Near the end of your LP, shit is going to be stuff, but your form is still good so you decide to eat and sleep more to see how far you can push it. Then you'll get to a point where you are happy with your progress and start shopping around for a new program that capitilizes on your gains.

The end.

Quote Originally Posted by John2336 View Post
    Check this out man. First your going to progress like nothing will stop you. Next you'll occasionally have a workout here or threr with a missed rep, but you always pull it off on your second attempt the next training day. Then you'll be truly beat and possible want to consider a reset, or a light squat day on wednesday. Then you'll eventually find yourself stalling frequently on presses, but still making slow steady progress. Near the end of your LP, shit is going to be stuff, but your form is still good so you decide to eat and sleep more to see how far you can push it. Then you'll get to a point where you are happy with your progress and start shopping around for a new program that capitilizes on your gains.

The end.
    You forgot: "and then you die".

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    What's with the rows?
    They're awesome