starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tested low in Testosterone -- This is BS!

Default Tested low in Testosterone -- This is BS!

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    27 Years old, and I have been feeling shitty and having some limp dick, so I asked my doctor to check my t levels.

Came back as 270 ul. This is basically half or less of what it should be for a dude my age.

I am so fucking pissed off... and there is very little I can do about this. Replacement therapy just isn't a route a person should go down at this age, at least from what Ive read. Your endogenous production will eventually shut down resulting in fertility problems and just generally destroying your natural 24-hour cycle. Not to mention the cost and inconvience of getting pinned the rest of your life..

The weird thing is I don't feel like it's affected my strength or progress. After about 10 months on SS and TM my 1rm squat and deadlift are around 400. Though progress has been very tough the last month...

Any thoughts/ideas on how to deal with this horseshit hand Ive been dealt?

Im considering running some HCG and Clomid in hopes of jumpstarting some more production...but have some more research to do.

From what I understand your levels can vary significantly throughout the day and with variables like a hard workout the day before the test.

How's your diet? Lots of saturated fat and cholesterol helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    How's your diet? Lots of saturated fat and cholesterol helps.
    I live on large quantities of red meat and eggs. I'd hate to see where my levels would land if I ate like a normal human being.

It could just be the training.

Someone who trains regular is permanently in a state of incomplete recovery. If this swings towards overtraining the testosterone goes down and the cortisol goes up as it is involved in the recovery processes.

(Someone fill in the details/correct me if im wrong.)

HRT would be less risky than running cycles on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    It could just be the training.

Someone who trains regular is permanently in a state of incomplete recovery. If this swings towards overtraining the testosterone goes down and the cortisol goes up as it is involved in the recovery processes.

(Someone fill in the details/correct me if im wrong.)
    Sounds valid. I know when I am too sore, I can't even get an erection. (Like right now).

I suggest you take a few breaks from lifting and get another test done, just to be sure.

Also get some zinc supplements.

I also wonder if training hard shortly before a testosterone test would artificially depress your numbers...

How much alcohol do you drink and how frequent?

I don't usually frequent t-nation, but they have an absolutely stellar sub-forum about T-replacement. Reading the FAQs and posting up for one of the regulars to respond might be a good idea. Anything that KSman posts is gold.

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_onl...s=forumsNavTop

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja666 View Post
    27 Years old, and I have been feeling shitty and having some limp dick, so I asked my doctor to check my t levels.

Came back as 270 ul. This is basically half or less of what it should be for a dude my age.

I am so fucking pissed off... and there is very little I can do about this. Replacement therapy just isn't a route a person should go down at this age, at least from what Ive read. Your endogenous production will eventually shut down resulting in fertility problems and just generally destroying your natural 24-hour cycle. Not to mention the cost and inconvience of getting pinned the rest of your life..

The weird thing is I don't feel like it's affected my strength or progress. After about 10 months on SS and TM my 1rm squat and deadlift are around 400. Though progress has been very tough the last month...

Any thoughts/ideas on how to deal with this horseshit hand Ive been dealt?

Im considering running some HCG and Clomid in hopes of jumpstarting some more production...but have some more research to do.
    Last edited by misspelledgeoff; 10-01-2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added t-nation link

starting strength coach development program
    go to chaos and pain. the guy sez jacking off increases test levels. another good reason to do it!yeah!!!

maybe you been eating tofu?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast