starting strength gym

Thread: Any ideas what the issue could have been?

Default Any ideas what the issue could have been?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Coaches,

For approx 4-5 months, I've had an issue with my left knee. Occasionally on the first 15-30 degrees of flexion, it would 'clunk' as though 2 structures inside the joint were rubbing together as though something was out of alignment. It was also accompained by mild, intermittent pain and excessive clicking when changing direction. The sensation in the knee felt strange as though it was twisted around the kneecap.

Yesterday while I was sitting down, I had one leg up on the sofa and noticed that when the knee was almost fully flexed, it would increase the twisting sensation across the front of the knee. So I decided to pull my knee into full flexion (imagine pulling the heel of your foot through your glute) there was audible click as though something had snapped back into place, this gave me immediate relief of all of the symptoms above and the knee is back to normal.

Wondered if anybody has any idea what could of been going on here, and also if anyone else has an issue like this they could give it a try.

It is possible you have a small meniscus tear, although I am mostly guessing. Did you suffer an acute knee injury at any point? Did your knee swell when it happened? Does your knee swell at all now?

None of the above. It just seem to creep up on me without me really noticing it. Like you, I thought I had some degeneration in the joint, and was surprised when I resolved it instantly with 'clicking' it back in place. In any case I'm not complaining.

Let's see how things go. If you fixed your knee by flexing it that is pretty cool. If only more knee problems resolved that way, we would be better off as a species.