starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey, Fellow Geezers, Check This Out!

Default Hey, Fellow Geezers, Check This Out!

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Older Athletes Have a Strikingly Young Fitness Age

Turns out that the 4200 seniors they tested from the Senior Olympic Games showed an average chronological age of 68, but their average "fitness age" was 43.

They haven't broken the numbers out by sport, although they are working on it. Naturally, the author of this article (MYT, natch) sounded just a leeeeetle biased in favor of "endurance sports such as distance running and swimming," (sports that NYT readers probably pursue more often than thuggish exercises like weightlifting), but as I say, nobody knows, because they haven't generated those numbers yet.

I'm about that average age. I dunno if I feel 43, (that's long enough ago that it's hard to recall memories of general fitness) but I don't think I feel 69, either. Whatever that is supposed to feel like.
    Last edited by Bill Quick; 07-04-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Quick View Post
    Older Athletes Have a Strikingly Young Fitness Age

Turns out that the 4200 seniors they tested from the Senior Olympic Games showed an average chronological age of 68, but their average "fitness age" was 43.

They haven't broken the numbers out by sport, although they are working on it. Naturally, the author of this article (MYT, natch) sounded just a leeeeetle biased in favor of "endurance sports such as distance running and swimming," (sports that NYT readers probably pursue more often than thuggish exercises like weightlifting), but as I say, nobody knows, because they haven't generated those numbers yet.

I'm about that average age. I dunno if I feel 43, (that's long enough ago that it's hard to recall memories of general fitness) but I don't think I feel 69, either. Whatever that is supposed to feel like.
    I got 52 for an actual age of 59. seems a heart attack in the last year costs you points. Fascists.

43 for 59

52 chronologically, 29 according to the calculator. I have a tendency to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I will say the calculator did not measure in a very granular way. Us geezers here were probably looking for a calculator question on strength training.

22v37. I was so unfit when I was 22 as well!

I did the short test. I am 65 got 50.

I'm 68 and scored 49, but a recent stress test showed a higher VO2max than the test gave me credit for.

59 and scored 31. Color me skeptical.

68 chronological. 57 fitness age. 41 actual fitness level. It is clearly biased toward running. There were no questions at all concerning strength and fitness training. In value it's slightly above those idiotic games that infect Facebook.

starting strength coach development program
    78 chronological, 68 fitness age

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast