starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple Question about/for Mark; What did your routine look like when...

Default Simple Question about/for Mark; What did your routine look like when...

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Was wondering if anyone could tell me what Mark Rippetoe's routine looked like when this picture was taken. I'm assuming it wasn't the one outlined in his book, as that seems catered to beginners; and what I am looking at doesn't look like a beginner's physique.

What did my routine look like when Roger Estep's picture was taken? I wasn't training seriously in 1978, I wasn't logging my workouts then, and I don't remember. But what kind of a weird-ass question is this anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What did my routine look like when Roger Estep's picture was taken? I wasn't training seriously in 1978, I wasn't logging my workouts then, and I don't remember. But what kind of a weird-ass question is this anyway?
    And why would one assume that a book written for beginners was written by a beginner in the first place? The logical skills of this one are astounding.

Rip - when you lived on Croton, what made you decide to adapt the Bulgarian method for the ox-and-clean?

It has to be said, you two do look spookily similar. But I mean holy shit, I keep forgetting how big Estep was.

I'd imagine he's interested in knowing what kind of programming you were under when training seriously.

There are plenty of sites online that have that photo of Estep as you Rip. In fact if you go google images it's the second picture that pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Blame it on Brandon Gaille.

http://brandongaille.com/best-mark-r...uotes-alltime/

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie623 View Post
    There are plenty of sites online that have that photo of Estep as you Rip. In fact if you go google images it's the second picture that pops up.
    There are 250,000 books in print with my picture in all of them. So, who is Brandon Gaille, and why didn't he buy a book?

This picture gets mistaken for Rip far too often.

starting strength coach development program
    If it's gets mistaken for me ONCE, I am embarrassed. Roger Estep was a god. I have no business being confused with this mythological powerlifting icon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast