starting strength gym

Thread: Practical Programming 2nd Edition

Default Practical Programming 2nd Edition

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    .. I saw this mentioned in a few posts so I was just wondering if you could answer two questions -

Is there any approxiamate date yet as to when the new book will be released?

and

what are some changes and new info we might see in it?

.. definitly plan to buy it, each book so far has helped me to train better and I'm hoping this one will be no different ..

It is just a minor revision that updates some information and cleans up the manuscript. Calm down. It will be out this summer and will merely replace the 1st edition.

You looking for corrections from the peanut gallery? You need to clean up the stuff about the RDA / EAR for protein.

Which part do you not like?

If you haven't fixed it already, take a look at the power output math on page 64. Floor to lockout with the bar racked on a big offensive lineman should be more than .65m--probably more like 1.2m or 1.3m.

That was one of the first things I fixed.

Default Acceleration

Speaking of errors... on the same page (64), doing those very calculations, you state that
    Work = 150 kg x 9.8 m/s x 0.65 m = ...

I like the way you round the gravitational acceleration, but even you can't turn acceleration into speed.

It's a common mistake, but not suitable for books as great as Practical Programming.

Do we get a discount if we have PP first edition and a BB cert?

ONe thing I would like to see is who to program lifts together. For the Texas method, you have programming for pressing and I think the squat, but how do you put them all together. Doing one excersize affects your ability to do the one afterwards, especially at the intermediate level.

You would program squats with something like ~85% 1rm 5x5 Mon, ~70% 1rm 5x2 on Wed and 1,2 or 3 1rm on friday. But how many other excersizes can you train? I know doing this same schedule with pull ups, press, O-lifts and deadlifts all at the same time would lead to overtraining, but where is the cutoff?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mucius View Post
    Speaking of errors... on the same page (64), doing those very calculations, you state that
    Work = 150 kg x 9.8 m/s x 0.65 m = ...

I like the way you round the gravitational acceleration, but even you can't turn acceleration into speed.

It's a common mistake, but not suitable for books as great as Practical Programming.
    That was the second thing that got fixed.