starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean Form Check

Default Power Clean Form Check

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    This is my 2nd workout of power clean. What can I improve on? Thanks.

Squats
    Last edited by Martin Papa; 05-14-2016 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Added Squats

Regarding power clean... it looks more like stiff leg deadlift. Try squatting to the bar with shoulders a bit in front of the bar. Leg press the floor away until you come to the knees. Dont change the back angle during this time. Then you do the motion that you are currently doing the entire time- hip extension.
    Your rack position is more of overhead press than front squat position - push your elbows forward.

Hi Martin,

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Papa View Post
    What can I improve on?
    I hope this wont' come across in the wrong way, but I think you might want to re-read the Power Clean chapter in the book.
    As Richardi above pointed out, this looks more like a stiff leg deadlift, followed by a big arm pull (the second rep is particularly egregious in this regard). There is no extension, and very little speed in the whole movement, but particularly in the rack phase.

If this is your 2nd PC workout, you are still well in time to take a couple of steps back, before you ingrain too many bad habits in your movement. It will pay off dividends very quickly.

Hope this helps,

IPB