starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift form check at 116kg

JudoATunez Guest

Default Deadlift form check at 116kg

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Gentlemen,
    Can somebody check if my pulling mechanics are correct? I am trying to set-up 3-4 cm away from the bar, take my grip, pull the slack out of the bar by lifting the chest, and then pull the bar from the floor. I am particularly worried either I am setting up my back into extension in the correct way, and if my hips are high enough. Any feedback will be appreciated. I hope the videos are clear enough

Here's the work set at 116kg
    Deadlift 116kg, set of 5 - YouTube

And a beltless back-off set at 92kg
    Deadlift, set of 5, back-off with 92kg - YouTube

JudoATunez Guest

Just to make sure,
    Is there enough light in both videos? I brought one large candle along with me on the day the videos were recorded

JudoATunez Guest

I'm sorry, no intention to be rude, but... Did I mess up something?

looks good but you're over extending your back a little on the lock out.

JudoATunez Guest

Thank you for the feedback, sir. In an attempt to maintain a neutral spine position, I ended up overextending the spine. Will keep this in mind next session. I think I tend to do this is an attempt to fully extend the hips

Also you're probably pulling a little too high since you're resting the weights on top of those mats... you might want to put a wooden board or something hard under your feet to make the platform even.

JudoATunez Guest

The mats are very thin, with less than 1cm thickness each. Nevertheless, from now on, I will only deadlift on top of the makeshift platform
    Thank, you sir. Feedback and help are always welcome!

They look pretty light for you. Not sure what you were going for though.

JudoATunez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ajvd View Post
    They look pretty light for you. Not sure what you were going for though.
    My form wasn't on point, so I deloaded, and I'm working back up. Coach Steve Hill saw that I wasn't pulling my chest up hard enough. After that, I began pulling the slack out of the bar better, and Deadlifts have been progressing well. I don't feel my lower back as sore as my lats and hamstrings. Not that soreness is a positive indicator of training, but I guess that that cue helped come a step forward on assuming a good position for the pull

starting strength coach development program
    These look pretty good. You do appear to rock back and drop your hips a little though. Keep them a little higher, squeeze chest up, and set your back harder before you pull. Remember it won't be comfortable at the bottom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast