starting strength gym

Thread: Form check on squats, press and deadlift

Default Form check on squats, press and deadlift

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Rip,

I would appreciate some critique on my form for these 3 lifts. Some things are pretty obvious, such as lack of depth on the squat (working on it) and leaning the whole body forward on the press (which is an easy fix), but there might be some other things that your eyes might catch that I missed.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1oc5qN8iWA

Have you read the book?

It doesn't take Rip to see that you have missed dinner for the past three years.

Yes I have read SSed2 and watched the DVD. Understanding the book and actually performing the lifts correctly in the gym are 2 different things though. I might think I'm doing something correctly but the video obviously shows otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Willess View Post
    It doesn't take Rip to see that you have missed dinner for the past three years.
    That wasn't the intention of the video. Thanks for your opinion.
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 06-11-2010 at 05:09 PM.

In the absence of a coach, you read the book, video your lifts, compare them to the book descriptions and the other hundreds of videos on this website, observe my comments relating to those videos and how they might relate to yours, alter your from accordingly, video it again and compare. And you eat dinner every day.

I didn't understand all the dinner comments until I saw the vid. Damn, ur thin.

From my very limited experience (two months so far), eating enough food plays as crucial a role in being strong enough to advance each week as does enough rest. I try to get enough protein and fat each day (carbs are pretty easy to get) to justify the time I'm putting in the gym. I've always been on the heavy side, but you're so skinny, you'd do better increasing just about everything (but protein and good fat take priority) as Rip suggests in the books (GOMAD, 5k calories / day, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    In the absence of a coach, you read the book, video your lifts, compare them to the book descriptions and the other hundreds of videos on this website, observe my comments relating to those videos and how they might relate to yours, alter your from accordingly, video it again and compare. And you eat dinner every day.
    You need to make this a sticky.

starting strength coach development program
    I need to make a sticky that makes dull people smarter. Any suggestions?