starting strength gym

Thread: Continued SS Seminars?

Default Continued SS Seminars?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Mark,
    Are there any plans to continue SS Seminars? There is really no other place on the www to see strength professionals with extensive experience debating philosophies. Personally i would like to see Brad Gillingham, Kyle Pierce, Mike Burgener, Lon Kilgore, Jay Hoffman, or Greg Haff. It has been a great series so far.

Thx

If you mean the interview series, yes. We're working on it now. But Greg Haff is not a strength professional and will never be considered as such by me or anyone else who actually is. Sorry you brought him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If you mean the interview series, yes. We're working on it now. But Greg Haff is not a strength professional and will never be considered as such by me or anyone else who actually is. Sorry you brought him up.
    Did I detect a hint of sarcasm in this or am I totally off. After all, I've read some of Dr. Kilgore's papers that were co-authored by Dr. Haff. I would think that he would not associate with one so described by you. Just curious is all.

No sarcasm at all. You apparently don't know much about academic relationships and their potential for shitstorm generation. Dr. Kilgore is no longer associated with Dr. Haff, and shares my opinion of him. Feel free to direct any e-mail requests for clarification to Dr. Kilgore, if you decide that this is actually any of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    No sarcasm at all. You apparently don't know much about academic relationships and their potential for shitstorm generation. Dr. Kilgore is no longer associated with Dr. Haff, and shares my opinion of him. Feel free to direct any e-mail requests for clarification to Dr. Kilgore, if you decide that this is actually any of your business.
    I googled the guy's name and one of the first hits was on "ratemyprofessors.com", wherein some of his former students had VERY choice words about him.

Wasn't trying to be cheeky or nosy. Just made me curious. I'll move along.

starting strength coach development program
    Understandable. Thanks.