starting strength gym

Thread: Programming Question

Default Programming Question

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Mark,

I have just ordered your book (very good read by the way) and am starting the program (as close as possible) asap after Christmas day- Why? I'm getting a 140KG Olympic Kit =) (love being a kid)

However, i have no squat rack/power rack/squat stands etc, so i'm unable to follow it as i wish, and might have to sub in ... front squats? would this make a dramatic difference? i can see this hurting my wrists however, as i lack wrist/elbow flexibility to comfortable perform an olympic style front squat. But i'm sure by doing this exercise it will strengthen it.

With the front squat, i will have to power clean it first, obviously, i'm guessing there will become a point where i am front squatting more than i can clean, (BW=80KG, Clean=90KG) Incase this happens are there any exercises that i can put in (whilst i save up for a squat rack) i was thinking, bulgarian split squats? lunges? OHS? or them different squat variations, zercher, hack, sissy etc?

Many thanks in advance,

Ben.

Ask Old Santa for a squat rack. Preferably one that won't fit down the chimney. You can't do the program without it, and that would leave you forever an elf.