starting strength gym

Thread: Post-injury Programming

Default Post-injury Programming

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've just been cleared to squat/deadlift/clean again after suffering a bad SI strain a while ago. I was an intermediate lifter following TM when it happened and I carried on with my bench and press as usual but now I'm able to do the other lifts I'm wondering how to program them.

I'll obviously be substantially weaker than before and will be building them up from a fraction of what they were previously at and I didn't know whether to run them SS style and linearly progress. My only concern is that this would effectively void my recovery day and slow/stop the progress of my bench and press.

Would it better to just do TM with my squat/dead/clean instead and just make much more bigger jumps on them than doing the former?

Danke

Yeah, I think just hop back on the TM and give yourself 3-4 weeks to ramp back up to your previous numbers. Start conservative and make bigger jumps over a 3-4 week period

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Yeah, I think just hop back on the TM and give yourself 3-4 weeks to ramp back up to your previous numbers. Start conservative and make bigger jumps over a 3-4 week period
    Thanks a lot chum, you're a life-saver