starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Stall - What to do next?

Default Deadlift Stall - What to do next?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi All! I could use some help on Texas method. I've been moving up by 5 pounds every week for a set of 5 on deadlift (I pull sumo). 2 weeks ago I pulled a very difficult 445 for 5. Last week I pulled 450 x 4 (I missed the fifth rep after a 10 second break and it was a grinder missing at lockout). This week I thought I would switch to triples at 455. I pulled 2 and couldn't budge the third. Max is 490. I'm wondering where to go from here. Is this a sign of overtraining? I felt good during the workout but it has been several weeks since I had a deload. If relevant, I just started following Lascek's recommendation of speed pulls on Tuesday as per his ebook (I did 275 every minute on the minute for 12 minutes which was easy). The previous weeks I was doing RDLs (3 X 12) on Monday. I pull on intensity day (Friday) after squats and bench.

Any recommendations on what to do going forward? I was thinking of just doing speed pulls this week and skipping heavy deads altogether this week. Then, next week, I would retry the same triple at 455.

See other post I already answered