starting strength gym

Thread: Training split?

Default Training split?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Andy.

I've reached the point where I need a couple of sessions to reach on all my 3x5 on the lifts. This means that every sessions is very hard and near and above my 5RM.

I was thinking doing a kind of 2 weeks split. With week A going for 3x5 on all lifts. If I manage 3x5 add weight next week A, otherwise stay on same weight. Week B going for 5x5 with 60% of week A, this would still give some volume and "aid" in recovery and a possibility to work on my form. I woulddo the same for accessory work, "heavy" and "few" reps (5-8) week A, and lighter weight and more reps (8-12) on week B.

Regards,

Björn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you generally getting the first set and then failing on sets 2 and 3? If so, do the back off method in PPST3

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Are you generally getting the first set and then failing on sets 2 and 3? If so, do the back off method in PPST3
    Hi! Thanx for quick reply! I've just started reading PPST3 and will look into the "Back off method". And as a general rule i manage the first set and then I'll usually gets between 3-4 reps. I rest about 2-3 minutes between sets.

/Björn

Increase rest to a minimum of 5-6 minutes. If that doesn't work, then try the back off method.