starting strength gym

Thread: Bent bar advice

Default Bent bar advice

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey Rip, I posted a couple weeks ago about the bent B&R bar I received. I asked Rogue to send me one of their Rogue Power Bars as a replacement instead of another B&R and it arrived with a slight bend as well.

Just curious if you think it is worth exchanging or if for all intents and purposes it's a straight bar. Our other Rogue Bar (almost 2 years old, used and abused every session) still doesn't move a fraction of a millimeter when you spin it which makes it annoying to have a brand new bar show up with a visible bend.

Am I being too picky, or should I get another replacement sent out?

This is bullshit. Tell them so they can address this problem.

Thanks, glad it's reasonable to expect better. I'm going to shoot a video of our straight bar in the same setup so nobody can blame the test itself and see what they say. Starting to get pretty disheartened at this point. I asked to have the bar inspected before shipping so that they wouldn't have to cough up anymore money on shipping me any more replacements but I guess that wasn't done.

Just got my second B&R in the mail yesterday. It's straight, has none of the imperfections you described, and was floating around in a cardboard cylinder, no wrapping, no end caps, with a statement from the UPS guy to "be careful" because it had no end caps.

Shipping is crap, bar is great. Get it fixed.

My luck must be pretty bad then because including our second Rogue Bar, that's 3 bars in a row that have showed up less straight than our first bar. I contacted Rogue, hopefully they will help me out. I'm sure they won't be happy about sending out a third bar but with any luck they'll inspect this one to avoid me doing any more complaining. $340 isn't pocket change for me so I'd really like to be happy with the damn bar.

If I were them, I'd be irritated with you too. But facts is facts.

starting strength coach development program
    I just got mine today. It's fine. The endcaps were still on, though, and I left a message for rogue to make sure they took special care of it, but I doubt that had an impact.