starting strength gym

Thread: Anthropometry Thread

Default Anthropometry Thread

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Rip,

I've asked anthropometrically-oriented questions before, and the simple answer to a question such as "what is proper anthropometric alignment for X when I'm Y" is that it depends. Given what I've just now learned about how many anthropometric variables there are in the human body, this makes perfect sense.

So that said, let me just say that I seem to be the type that cares for efficiency in action, and economy of effort. And I have been interested for some time in applying this in the context of locomotion (walking).

I'm still researching what can be known without advanced modeling on a computer. So that said I'm asking what resources, if any, are available along these lines? Data as always is preferred to anecdote, but as this is still the learning and research phase, I don't want to limit anything prematurely here now at this point.

So let this be the comprehensive, end-all-be-all, thread that one can easily point to when someone asks a question. Is there ANYTHING that is available about anthropometry while moving that is useful for us non-MD types to help us move more efficiently where our body geometry and anthropometry is concerned?

I don't know. And this is a strength training board, so I really don't care about walking.

Quote Originally Posted by agalig View Post
    Is there ANYTHING that is available about anthropometry while moving that is useful for us non-MD types to help us move more efficiently where our body geometry and anthropometry is concerned?
    Move forward. In a straight line.

Typically when people on this forum implement walking, they want it to be as inefficient as possible.