starting strength gym

Thread: Following strength programming but should I add in pullups at this time?

Default Following strength programming but should I add in pullups at this time?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I have been following the strength programming method in Mark's book, my squats are up to 355 lb with a 325 lb deadlift over the last couple of months. But my bench hasn't followed through so much, I am kind of stuck at 215 lbs. So today I started pullups and I just suck at it, my guess is following the same programming as with squats and doing pullups 3 days a week with the same goals would get me through this. There is a pulldown machine at the gym but I am inclined to think this would help more... thoughts?

Got it thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by guymadison View Post
    I have been following the strength programming method in Mark's book, my squats are up to 355 lb with a 325 lb deadlift over the last couple of months. But my bench hasn't followed through so much, I am kind of stuck at 215 lbs. So today I started pullups and I just suck at it, my guess is following the same programming as with squats and doing pullups 3 days a week with the same goals would get me through this. There is a pulldown machine at the gym but I am inclined to think this would help more... thoughts?
    You may want to get your squat and deadlift form checked, since your squat is 30 lbs higher. The bench to squat ratio isn't actually that bad.

Thanks, I found form is everything in squats / dead lifts. I am pretty sure I can bring the deadlift up as both have been progressing well. I am shooting for 405 which feels closer than I thought it would be... then another goal.