starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novice, Advanced Novice, or Intermediate?

Default Novice, Advanced Novice, or Intermediate?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've been running starting strength for a year now eating at maintenance which was completely wrong due to not following the book. I've stalled on my lifts but my question is - can I do another run at starting strength with the proper nutrition this time and bulk up, or should I run the advanced novice program since I've been lifting for a year? Thanks in advance.

Squat: Bar --> 185 3x5
    Bench: Bar --> 145 3x5
    Deadlift: 75 --> 185 1x5

Eat, and you will magically become unstuck. The amount of time you have been training is irrelevant.

Novice/intermediate/advanced has nothing to do with how long you've been lifting. Eat and get those gainzz.
    “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.”
    ― Mohadesa Najumi

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Nielson View Post
    Novice/intermediate/advanced has nothing to do with how long you've been lifting. Eat and get those gainzz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Baraki View Post
    Eat, and you will magically become unstuck. The amount of time you have been training is irrelevant.
    Thank you guys! Bumped up my macros a bit should be gaining 1lb/week. Hoping for a 3 plate squat/deadlift and 2 plate bench before I have to jump to texas method

See what it's like to waste time on the boards, Kelli? You'll learn which ones to ignore soon enough. Thanks for the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    See what it's like to waste time on the boards, Kelli? You'll learn which ones to ignore soon enough. Thanks for the effort.
    The man the myth the legend, Mark! Have to say thank you for creating this program. I was 120lbs skin and bones when I started this journey a year ago. I'm 150lbs now lean, and still far away from my goals. I never thought I'd be squatting 185 for reps ATG when I started with the bar! It's crazy what hard work and the barbell can offer. Now I need to start eating more to double those numbers ha-ha

Quote Originally Posted by _evos View Post
    The man the myth the legend, Mark! Have to say thank you for creating this program. I was 120lbs skin and bones when I started this journey a year ago. I'm 150lbs now lean, and still far away from my goals. I never thought I'd be squatting 185 for reps ATG when I started with the bar! It's crazy what hard work and the barbell can offer. Now I need to start eating more to double those numbers ha-ha
    If you're going ATG you're doing it wrong.
    “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.”
    ― Mohadesa Najumi

If you're going ATG you're doing it wrong.
    I squat deeper than parallel and that's where I hit the hole and rebound if you will. Any higher than that and it feels uncomfortable because I don't hit the hole. I'll post up a vid to make sure I'm doing them right when I lift tomorrow
    Last edited by _evos; 03-22-2016 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _evos View Post
    I squat deeper than parallel and that's where I hit the hole and rebound if you will. Any higher than that and it feels uncomfortable because I don't hit the hole. I'll post up a vid to make sure I'm doing them right when I lift tomorrow
    A video sounds like a reeeeaaaallly good idea.
    ― Mohadesa Najumi

starting strength coach development program
    A video sounds like a reeeeaaaallly good idea.
    Will do lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast