starting strength gym

Thread: Prowler for geezers? Program?

Default Prowler for geezers? Program?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I'm 70, and starting back in after many months of 80-hour work weeks. I find that I have to train to keep my blood pressure and chemistry in order, and of course my youthful good looks. I'm just going to start over on the basic SS LP; I think I can carry it a lot farther than I did the first time around if I allow myself more recovery time.

I used to walk and run a lot, and when I train, my resting heart rate stays in the 40s (raises a few eyebrows at the VA). My dog / running partner has gone a bit lame, so I'm interested in using the most efficient method to get in some cardio and hopefully improve recovery time.

Is there any reason not to start on a conservative program with a Prowler, starting with whatever I can handle after workouts about 2x weekly, and building on that. Will it hurt or help me get stronger? Caveats?

I'd start with walking it and maybe once a week depending on your level of recovery. It should definitely help you get stronger.

The usual advice, which is good advice, is to not time your rest periods at first. Just rest until you feel like you can push it again. I'd start there and see where it goes.

Thanks for the confirmation, gents. I'll start with what I can handle and build on it.