starting strength gym
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think the new Rogue Mono Stand is a terrible idea?

Default Does anyone think the new Rogue Mono Stand is a terrible idea?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-mono-stand

Maybe it's just me, but this kind of seems... terrible.

I've seen other versions of these that work just fine. I'll attach the link when I find it.

This is from an old thread: Zahir Khudayarov Squat RAW 3 x 440 kg (968 lbs) - YouTube
    Last edited by B-MoreBeast; 02-05-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Would a very reputable company like rogue put out a product with a glaring design flaw? Probably not.

What is your problem with it exactly? Can you be more specific?

Other than this dude's high squats, of course.

I think it would be ok. I would rather have a monolift though. You can adjust height and hook placement very easily. You can also put some tow safety straps on it, or use the Jenga towers like I do. :-) The niche for this is that it is cheaper, and if you lifted in a fed with a monolift, and never wanted to walk anything out, I could see this having some home gym applications. I actually walk everything out of the monolift, and have never had issues making adjustments come meet time.

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    I think it would be ok. I would rather have a monolift though. You can adjust height and hook placement very easily. You can also put some tow safety straps on it, or use the Jenga towers like I do. :-) The niche for this is that it is cheaper, and if you lifted in a fed with a monolift, and never wanted to walk anything out, I could see this having some home gym applications. I actually walk everything out of the monolift, and have never had issues making adjustments come meet time.
    I was thinking about safeties myself. So, if they weight is heavy enough you want to use a monolift, but not heavy enough to have a safety pin,bar,strap,etc?

I'd hate to realize that I can't walk back a weight to the hooks if I was using it as a monolift alone. And gilchrest brings up the issue that the hooks would be higher when it's in the upright position.

Quote Originally Posted by MPhelps View Post
    I'd hate to realize that I can't walk back a weight to the hooks if I was using it as a monolift alone. And gilchrest brings up the issue that the hooks would be higher when it's in the upright position.
    How about the fact that you could buy one of their Monster Lite Racks and the Monolift attachment for less money, and have a piece of equipment that's 10x more useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    I haven't fully used my auto spot bench but on bench it seems solid enough to setup. If I was shorter I could use the bench as a squat rack the same way too. Seems fine tbh

I just want safeties

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    How about the fact that you could buy one of their Monster Lite Racks and the Monolift attachment for less money, and have a piece of equipment that's 10x more useful?
    Cuz it's new and it says Rogue on it.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast