starting strength gym

Thread: Incorporating Starr Rehab

Default Incorporating Starr Rehab

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Pulled my groin squatting on volume day. Planing to use Starr rehab for first time. I read in MOMG that ALL OTHER HEAVY WORK should come to a halt. I assume that includes presses and bench presses?

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

I didn't bench press or press when I rehabbed my hamstring tear because it hurt when I did so--I would have continued benching if it weren't for the pain. I suppose if you could bench press without hurting (might be difficult since your leg drive will be compromised), go for it...but I don't think heavy presses are a good idea while you're rehabbing a major muscle group in your hips.

Or, just focus on doing strict presses, not the Olympic Press (aka Press 2.0).

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    Or, just focus on doing strict presses, not the Olympic Press (aka Press 2.0).
    A good alternative.

So I'm in the 9th day of the rehab. My workout today was 145 x 25, 155 x 25, and 165 x 25. My groin is feeling a hell of a lot better. The pain is essentially gone when I squat now. The weight In which I inured myself with was 365 x 5 x5, nearly three weeks ago. Just wondering how I should proceed now. Thanks

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BGish1984 View Post
    So I'm in the 9th day of the rehab. My workout today was 145 x 25, 155 x 25, and 165 x 25. My groin is feeling a hell of a lot better. The pain is essentially gone when I squat now. The weight In which I inured myself with was 365 x 5 x5, nearly three weeks ago. Just wondering how I should proceed now. Thanks
    More weight, less reps, until you get back to normal working sets, then proceed as normal. According to this old post, you're right on track (perhaps ahead even, since it's essentially gone):

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe
    After 10 days of 25s, go up in weight and down in reps to 15s, then to 10s, and finally to fives.

Strained hamstring while squatting
    Disclaimer: I haven't ever actually torn anything, so I have no personal experience with tears other than a recent adductor strain which healed in about a week.
    Last edited by hollismb; 02-19-2016 at 12:34 AM.