starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet

Default Diet

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Probably not the right forum but being elderly.....has anyone read The China Study? What do you think?

Looks interesting. I just ordered it. Thanks.

Caveat lector. Put on your critical thinking cap while reading:

"Only 39 of 350 pages are actually devoted to the China Study. The bold statement on page 132 that "eating foods that contain any cholesterol above 0 mg is unhealthy,"5 is drawn from a broad — and highly selective — pool of research. Yet chapter after chapter reveals a heavy bias and selectivity with which Campbell conducted, interpreted, and presents his research."

What Dr. Campbell Won't Tell You About the China Study

Quote Originally Posted by Argosy View Post
    Probably not the right forum but being elderly.....has anyone read The China Study? What do you think?
    Quazi-Science

Campbell research in this book falls into the quazi-science area.

Campbell takes information out of research contest to support his "Vegetarian Cult" beliefs.

As per Campbell, eating too much protein causes cancer. Eating animal and dairy caused cancer.

The only way to ensure you don't get cancer is to go vegan. Vegans (per Campbell) don't get cancer. If only that was true and that simple.

Book Reviews

There are plenty of online reviews of how Campbell "Cherry" picked research data to support the "Vegan Cult".

Don't take my word for it, do you own research and come to your own conclusions.

Kenny Croxdale

Quote Originally Posted by Gene61 View Post
    Looks interesting. I just ordered it. Thanks.
    If you enjoy fiction, you will really like this book.

Kenny Croxdale

Denise Minger probably has one of the the most insightful critiques of The China Study that I've come across but it's very data heavy.

StumbleUpon

I whole-heartedly believe in the conclusions of T. Colin Campbell, Dr. John MacDougall, Dr. Caldwell Essylstyn, Dean Ornish, Neal Bernard and others with respect to the benefits of avoiding/minimizing animal protein, animal fat and extracted oils (including olive oil) from the human diet with respect to heart disease, stroke, hypertension, and metabolic syndrome (Type II diabetes). I think the data in favor of whole food plant-based eating is more than convincing and I believe any and all contradictory information/press must be closely scrutinized for ties to people with vested economic interests.

Are you suggesting that those vested interests are absent on the side of the veggies?

I am suggesting that those who might profit from increased sale of plant based foods (i.e. farmers and their related industries) do not need to subsidize misleading studies/articles to further their cause. They have the luxury of just being able to share the "good news."

starting strength coach development program
    Hmm, animal protein nom nom.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast