starting strength gym

Thread: Looking for a place to train in St Paul MN

Default Looking for a place to train in St Paul MN

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Anyone from the Cities know of a good place to train in St Paul?
    Also, any SS coaches around?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe3 View Post
    Anyone from the Cities know of a good place to train in St Paul?
    Also, any SS coaches around?

Thank you.
    If you're interested in Olympic lifting, Twin Cities Barbell is good, check out their Facebook group. Others can probably fill in more black iron options.

Nick Klemetson is in that area, about 3 hours away according to Google Maps. Waverly, IA.

Southside Athletic in Burnsville is my go-to for training... Southside Athletic - Home When I do coaching in the Cities, it's usually there.

If you're further north, Allegiance Fitness in Coon Rapids is pretty good. http://www.allegiancefitness.com/

And as Manveer said, I'm the closest coach. I get up to the Cities pretty frequently, but if you want a session sooner, it's usually better to drive down to the English Tea Room (aka my garage).

I'm also in the Twin Cities (West St Paul), but unfortunately I don't have any gym recommendations for Joe3. I just bit the bullet and set up a gym in my basement.

I am interested in setting up a session with you Nick, next time you're in the area and available.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Klemetson View Post
    Southside Athletic in Burnsville is my go-to for training... Southside Athletic - Home When I do coaching in the Cities, it's usually there.

If you're further north, Allegiance Fitness in Coon Rapids is pretty good. Allegiance Fitness | Gyms & Health Clubs | Minneapolis St. Paul

And as Manveer said, I'm the closest coach. I get up to the Cities pretty frequently, but if you want a session sooner, it's usually better to drive down to the English Tea Room (aka my garage).
    Thanks all for your recommendations.
    Nick, how often do you make it to the Cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Klemetson View Post

If you're further north, Allegiance Fitness in Coon Rapids is pretty good. Allegiance Fitness | Gyms & Health Clubs | Minneapolis St. Paul

Nick, how many times per month do you make it to the Cities?

Forgot about this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post

I am interested in setting up a session with you Nick, next time you're in the area and available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe3 View Post
    Nick, how many times per month do you make it to the Cities?
    Usually once a week, sometimes more depending on demand. It's tougher this time of the year though as we head into Christmas.

Gentlemen, my e-mail is in the directory. Shoot me a message and we'll set something up.

I'm not seeing a ton of recommendations, so if you can make it to Minneapolis, Los Campeones is a great black iron gym - the location in Seward is a bit closer for you. Allegiance is nice also, and I think they have a keycard system so you can get in at weird hours.

Also, what about this place? AMERICAN STRENGTH TRAINING CENTER LLC

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Skander View Post
    Also, what about this place? AMERICAN STRENGTH TRAINING CENTER LLC
    I've been there a few times. The facility and equipment are nice. Multiple squat racks, deadlift platforms, and benches and it was never crowded when I went. They have farmer's walk handles and a prowler and turf too. I don't think you can get in after hours.

The owner is an old school powerlifter and if you get technique lessons from him he will have you squatting with a wide stance and more upright torso than SS.
    Last edited by Notrhwoods; 10-15-2015 at 10:07 AM.