starting strength gym

Thread: Advice needed. I want to compete to the U100kg category.

Default Advice needed. I want to compete to the U100kg category.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    At the moment I am 103kg dry in the morning. I count calories roughly. On my training days I consume 3800-4000 calories (500g+ cho, 60-90g fat, 200g+ prot), on my rest days I eat 3000-3200 calories (380-400g cho, 80-90 fat, 190-200g port). Some days I eat more some less but I am always around these numbers. My recovery is perfect with these calories. I have no issues what so ever.

My next competition is in 11 months from now. My plan is to stay at around 103kg and train like a madman, and when its time to compete to manipulate the diet a bit to drop 3-4kg for the weight in. Does this make sense? Or do I have to gain weight then cut etc? I see no point doing so as I think that it will overcomplicate everything (I also hate cutting).

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    11 months? First competition? Plan on setting any records? If yes, yes then no, Go to 110.
    I strongly believe that I can break the Chinese (I am based in CN) deadlift record for GPA with a 280+kg and get invited to the GPA single lift words. I pulled 240kg in a meet a couple of months ago with 210kgx3. Last workout I pulled 225x3 easy. I dont know how or why but my deadlift is my strongest lift.

Idealy I want the following numbers (I know that they are silly high but better to aim high rather than bs around):

Squat: 230-250kg
    Bench: 145-155kg
    Deadlift 280-290kg
    Last edited by Anadelta; 11-04-2015 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    So your plan is to add 100lbs to your squat, without gaining any weight.
    No. My plan is to get as close to these numbers as possible and compete to the U100kg class next year. I have 11 months. I may go up in weight if needed but I will go down. I am just trying to decide the best way to do so. Hover around 103-104 or go up and cut down slowly?

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    For reals, you'd be best served in getting a proper coach. Not only will he/she help you in your lifting goals, but he/she will be able to get you down to the weight you need in a way that will keep you competitive. You can read Jordan's nutrition forum and maybe gain some insight about cutting, but you'll be left to experiment on your own, and this might lead to a waste of your time.
    Thank you for your input. I will think about it. Maybe halfway through I get a coach to help me prep for the meet. I will see.

How tall?
    what program are you using? training history?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hannon View Post
    How tall?
    5ft 7. Texas method modified to my needs. I have done various sports. I was lifting for 3-4 years but a few months ago I decided to eat and focus exclusively on becoming strong. I had issues with pec/shoulder muscles (multiple operations) but now I am back into action 100% ready to smash it.

How tall?
    We have a coach in Indiana! How about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anadelta View Post
    5ft 7. Texas method modified to my needs. I have done various sports. I was lifting for 3-4 years but a few months ago I decided to eat and focus exclusively on becoming strong. I had issues with pec/shoulder muscles (multiple operations) but now I am back into action 100% ready to smash it.
    BF% estimate? I'd guess at 5'7" 220ish, you could still make some good gains and stay at the 100kg weight class unless you're already pretty lean.

Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    We have a coach in Indiana! How about that.
    happy to be here

starting strength coach development program
    happy to be here
    I don't know. 17/18/20%? I keep most of my weight to my lower belly and lower back. I guess you are right. I can stay there until I become lean then move up slowly. It seems that I am recomping (is this a real world) just fine. Especially if I do liss or hiit once or twice a week.

Here is an image of me http://i.imgur.com/7sNP3pC.jpg