starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Vids/Leg Length Evaluation

Default Squat Vids/Leg Length Evaluation

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Coach Rippetoe, just a follow-up on my last post.

Below are my squat videos from the other day. I'd like to get your opinion on a form issue. I'm always pushing with my left leg harder than my right and my left hip shoots up before the right in all my squats. I'm curious if you see any obvious leg length discrepancy in these videos (#1 & #3 are back and front respectively). I know my left leg is longer, I'm just not sure if it's femoral or tibial. In fact my entire left side is bigger than my right. My hair (what's left of it) even grows faster and thicker on the left side.

Perhaps my parents dropped me on my head when I was a baby, who knows.

If this is the case (leg length, not being dropped as a baby), perhaps we could address it at StrengthCon in October. Until then, do you have any suggestions for straightening me out while in the hole?

Thanks again for taking the time to look.

Jeff.

(Backlighting was terrible in this one, did my best to edit it so you can see)

I can't tell anything for sure from these videos. Have you read my article on Leg Length Discrepancy?

Yes, I'm going to have my wife do the test. I'll report back with the results when she does.