starting strength gym

Thread: Newbie squat, ohp and deadlift form check

Default Newbie squat, ohp and deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    I'm 2 months into SS and probably in desperate need of some form checks.

WARNING: the music is kinda loud in parts. You may wanna turn down your speakers.

Squat 195 I started this video at my last set but all three of my sets are on there. Sorry you can't see my feet. I'll keep it in mind for the future. Does it look like I'm shifting weight to my left foot coming up? I'll get more angles when I do it tomorrow.

OHP 95 This has all thee sets on it too if you're interested. If not it starts at my last set.

Deadlift 230 Another less than great angle. Someone jacked the chair I was using as a tripod, so this was taken by another person.

squat: Don't look up. Keep your knees out hard, through the bottom of the squat. You are a little high. Tighten your abs, your lower back, shove your knees out hard, and bury the reps. (That means, go deep). There might be asymmetry, but I need a straight-on view.

Press: are you trying to do Press 2.0? The one in the third edition book?

Deadlift: I'd like to see more on the "lift your chest" step. It looks like you might be a bit rounded in the lower back. Try to take out that slack. When you put the bar down, send your hips back until the bar clears your knees, then bend you knees and put it down. When you film the deadlift, you need to show your setup, too.

Thank you for the advice.

Press: are you trying to do Press 2.0? The one in the third edition book?
    Yes.

It looks like you might be a bit rounded in the lower back.
    I'm not sure if thats my back rounding or just my fat stomach making it look like that. I'll see if I can correct it.

Yes, the fleshiness is why I said "might". I didn't see any back movement, but I'd like to see more squozing.

You should reread the press chapter. There's a hip move that you aren't doing. Also see this: http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...g_to_press_2.0