starting strength gym

Thread: Brand new knee pain

Default Brand new knee pain

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I have been SS for about 3 months now and I have been getting great strength gains. I recently started having some left knee pain. I have diagnosed myself with the pain coming from the quad tendon area right above the patella. It isn't that bad but it has been getting slowly a little more annoying. I especially feel it when squatting. I have been squaring a lot. Any advice on on how to approach squatting without making this worse?
    Should I squat less weight? Less frequency? Stop squatting for a bit?
    Any info is appreciated

Hey Carbon
    It could be a form error and issue with knee position during the squat. If you'd be so kind as to read all the stickies at the top of the forum, you'll find some FAQ's, posting guidelines, and a link to a tendonitis thread that may help.
    You'll also find how to become verified so you can post a form check here. You could also post a form check in the Technique sub-forum and see if you can get some insight about your form that may help.
    When you say you've been squatting a lot, is that more than the 15 work sets a week during a typical NLP?

Ok I'll check those pages out.
    It could very well be a form issue. I fee like my squat is very intense on my quads.

No, not more squatting than prescribed sets in the program. It just seems a lot to me, ha.