• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Training Log: Dozer's Training Log

Height: 175cm (5ft 9in)
    BW: 98.58kg (217.3lbs)
    Working weight: 80x5x3 (175lbs)
    Best SQ: 147.5x5 (325bs) done @ 22 Dec 2017

Notes:
    1) Back from a 15day training break due to surgery.
    2) Last LBSQ was done approx 2 moths ago. From then to now I was doing Front SQ due to a SI-join injury being aggravated by LBSQ.
    3) Last time I was having problems staying over mid-foot, staying too upright and knees traveling too forward during the whole lift. How do they look now ?
    4) Please abstract yourself from the light weight.
    Last edited by Iksan Ismailov; 04-01-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Your spine is flexing a little while you're at the bottom. Maintain the lumbar extension and a proud superman chest. Good luck with the surgery recovery. I ran a novice LP after surgery last Summer and was back on track within a couple weeks.

These look pretty good. Like Brian said, you're losing some lumbar and thoracic extension at the bottom so just work on that, maybe keep the elbows very slightly lower if you're having a hard time keeping your upper back tight.

Thanks guys! I see it now, I think that my problem is that I try to lean forward during the whole descent instead of assuming the "horizontal back position" in the first 1/3 or 1/2 of the descent and then just maintain it. I will focus more in getting in the position earlier in the descent and maintaining it. I will post a new SQ video tomorrow.

Notes:
    1) 2nd set reps look a bit shallow.
    2) I think that in the attempt to not flex my spine I leave the thoracic spine more upright as I bend from the hips. I need to lean with my whole body (trunk). Do you agree with this ?
    3) Is there a sign of thoracic or lumbar flexion on these?

Work on pushing your butt back more. You may actually need to narrow your stance just a tiny bit. Be quicker.

This is my last SQ for the week. As you can see I'm still a bit hesitant on the unlocking of the knees and hips at the same time (I used to unlock my hips first before the knees and used to stay too upright resulting in getting into a position where my thoracic spine was too upright. )
    I focused on pushing the butt back more and narrowed my stance but after the workout I noticed that I wasn't thinking about "staying in the hips". I was only thinking about mid-foot, butt back.

These are pretty good squats. You look a little shallow on a few reps and your knees should come forward about a thumb's-width more. Work on being speedier.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    These are pretty good squats. You look a little shallow on a few reps and your knees should come forward about a thumb's-width more. Work on being speedier.
    Thank you, man. You're being very helpful !